Whilst writing my morning pages this morning, I contemplated on Allah’s Name, Ad-Dar.
The Creator of Harm
There are lots of ways we can be harmed
And so we have to take the means to stay safe.
There are many ways we can find benefit
and so we have to take the means to benefit from what we do.
I can ask myself:
– Is this harming my hereafter?
– Is this harming my relationship with Allah?
– Is this harming my relationship with the Messenger of Allah (s)?
– Is this harming my relationship with others?
– Is this harming my relationship with myself?
I can stop myself when I connect to you, Oh Dar, Ya Daaru.
I can connect, instead, to be a means to benefit others.
I can take benefit of the 5 before 5., of health before sickness, or self-care before burnout.
Harm exists so I should take the means to protect myself. protect my energy levels, protect myself from the harm of others.
I can benefit from boundaries.
Protect myself from overworking, burnout, being the martyr, the rescue, the pushover.
Protect others from harming them with my tongue, or due to neglect.
What can you reflect on when you contemplate on this Divine Name?