The Elegant Lily Symbolises Leadership
Look at the lily, she proudly opens her petals and makes a show of her female carpel, with her male stamens clustering around her. She is a symbol of reproduction and fertility, depicting life and growth.
The lily is the flower of springtime leadership! Her bulb bursts into life in the spring, and whether you have a bouquet of lilies, or she is the only lily in the bunch, it doesn’t diminish her beauty and significance, and her presence is always noticed.
We sent down water from the sky, then caused to grow therein pairs of every noble kind.
Surah Luqman (31:10)
The lily proudly displays her bright orange pollen for bees to take – watch you don’t get any of her pollen on your clothes! Just as each type of lily is unique and has its own colour and fragrance; similarly, a woman balances the different areas in her life worshipfully. She flourishes while her husband performs his own vital roles in their marriage, enjoying their marriage’s unique beauty and fragrance.
When you want to tap into your inner queen, be like the lily:
|Stand out, do your best and bloom when Allah wants you to.
|Be in effortless harmony with others, despite being the queen||Procreate and nurture in harmony with the masculine|
Be the Queen of the Bouquet
- Lead with strength and beauty
- Do your best and leave the outcome to Allah
- Bloom where you are planted! What can you do to make your world a better place?
Balance Your Life Like a Lily – How Balanced is Your Bouquet?
- Too much leading can make you overbearing, and not enough will lead you to wilt away, causing your life and family damage.
- Being overly loving will cause you to smother those around you, just like a lily drowning in water! Not loving yourself or your husband/loved ones enough will lead to neglect and detachment
- Being excessively wise will lead you to become quite manipulative; yet if you don’t use enough wisdom, you will end up causing problems unwittingly.
Embrace Guardianship – Be a Proud Shepherdess of Your Flock
- Reconnect with your home/rooms, have a spring clean!
- Be creative with your cooking. See what culinary magic you can create!
- Connect with your children/the children around you – read them stories, play with them, connect with their innocence
- Reach out and spend time with the elderly – sit and chat with them, go for a walk with them, connect with the wisdom of their experience.
- Embrace your creativity! Do you like to paint/sew/DIY?