The Sweet-Smelling Rose Symbolises the Lover and Beauty
He has given you shape and made your shapes beautiful
Al Ghafir (40:64)
What can we learn from the rose?
Well, she starts as a baby rosebud and opens up beautifully as she blooms. That’s exactly what gratitude is like. A small thank you can make the biggest difference in one’s life, and so can being grateful for the smallest of blessings. As we continue to be grateful, Allah opens up more and more reasons for us to be thankful.
‘If you express gratitude, I shall certainly give you more’
Surah Ibraheem (14:7)
The rose has prickles to protect herself from harm, and so, she uses them to look after herself. You can use your prickles – those uncomfortable feelings you get when you have done too much and need a rest – to take some times out and unwind before moving on, stronger.
A rose’s prickles also have another purpose apart from protecting her from harm. The help her to ‘hook’ over other plants and surfaces, making her a ‘climbing’ plant. And so can you use your ‘look-hooks’ to spread your love around you!
When you want to tap into your inner lover, be like the rose:
|Allow your small buds to flourish with gratitude for every blessing||Let your thorns protect your growth and well being||Use your love-hooks to conquer hearts, using those languages your loved ones prefer|
Use Your Rose Hooks to Conquer All!
- Find out what makes your husband/loved one tick! Love conquers all! Rose prickles, usually sickle-shaped, enable rose plants to hang onto other vegetation when growing over it.
- Use your sweet words, beautiful smile and fragrant scent to bring joy to the lives of others.
- Make your home a place of comfort and beauty, and watch everyone gravitate towards it
Use Your Rose Prickles to Ensure You Are a Well-Looked After Muslimah!
- The purpose of a roses’ prickles is to protect it from harm. Use your own prickles to ensure you look after yourself and that no-one, including yourself, becomes a source of exhaustion for you, or a reason for you neglecting yourself.
- Respect yourself and others will respect you as well! Tune into your body and when it is tired – stop. When you are hungry – eat. So many ladies delay going to the toilet! If you need to use the loo – go!
Look Out For the Smallest of Blessings
Be grateful for the smallest blessings and watch them manifest into bigger ones, just like the rose as it blooms!
- Just like the rose starts as a tiny bud and opens up into beautiful bloom, so do our lives with gratitude. Make a gratitude journal and write down at least three things in it every day
- Say, thank you to others whenever you can! Remember, the more you are grateful, the more you will get back, so open yourself up to more blessing in your life by saying thank you.