Guest Post by Dawn-Sabeeha – What an honour!
March is a month of renewing and cleansing, with a purpose of course.
Each month I will have an oil of the month which I’ll focus on.
This month is, yes you guessed it – lemon (lol… did the picture give it away?)
As I talk about the ways we can use Lemon oil I want to focus on our purpose for using this oil, and how our intention for doing seemingly simple acts like cleansing our bodies and purifying and cleaning our homes can draw us closer to Allah and His beloved messenger ﷺ if we do so with a noble intention. In sha Allah.
The (reward of) deeds, depend upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended.
There are so many wonderful uses for Lemon Essential oil; I like to call it sunshine in a bottle.
- Lemon oil is known for its cleansing properties; therefore, I start my day with a glass of warm water and 2 to 3 drops of doTERRA Lemon oil for its cleansing and uplifting benefits.
What better way than to start our day with an intention to cleanse our bodies and clear our minds in order to worship Allah and to emulate His Messenger ﷺ?
(I’m not going to go into in this post about taking essential oils internally, but what I will say is when I talk about taking oils internally its only related to doTERRA oils.)
- Being a citrus oil it is high in a natural chemical component called monoterpenes which are known to have uplifting characteristics.
- Along with other citrus oils, lemon is composed of limonene and beta-pinene, two monoterpenes that are known for their uplifting properties.
Lemon restores energy, mental flexibility and the drive to complete a project.
- Diffusing lemon essential oil can affect our mood positively, known as the Oil of Focus Lemon oil engages the mind and aids concentration; the crisp scent of lemon improves ones ability to focus.
Using our Lemon oil to help us stay focused on our acts of worship will help us to be successful and Cherished by Allah, most high. In sha Allah.
Successful are believers; those who are attentive in their prayers
Wow. Alhamdulillah, a much-needed oil.
The beauty of a homemade cleaning solution made with Lemon essential oil is that it doesn’t include all the chemicals that store-bought cleaners have. You can rest easy knowing that your cleaning agent won’t pose a threat to you and your family because it is chemical-free! Try this easy and effective glass cleaner.
The general act of keeping things clean and neat is praiseworthy. We know this because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) held in high regard Umm Mihjan (Allah be pleased with her) who used to clean the masjid. Cleaning our homes with products that are not harmful to our families is an act of worship, and leading by example.
Cleanliness is half of faith
- Add Lemon essential oil to a glass spray bottle of water and use it as a homemade cleaning solution when you wipe down your countertops, baby high chair, bathroom sink, or anything else that needs the purifying power of lemon.
- To make the solution even stronger, consider adding a little vinegar.
Lemon oil can help give your complexion a refreshed, healthy-looking glow, purposefully caring for your skin with pure products from Allah’s gifts of the earth
- To make your own homemade exfoliant scrub, combine 4–5 drops of doTERRA Lemon essential oil to a small amount of oatmeal and water. As you apply the Lemon oatmeal scrub to your skin, you will feel the cleansing and refreshing properties of Lemon oil working to exfoliate and clean your skin,
I hope you learned something new about how many uses Lemon oil can have and its benefits, and how we can turn our intentions when we use our Lemon oil into praiseworthy actions.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you would like to purchase this oil, please contact me, and I will help you to get this wonderful citrus sunshine in a bottle into your homes.
I pray you all have a blessed March and step into spring with focus and purpose, Ameen.
Much Love and duas,
About Sabeeha Dawn Hinson: Assalamu alaikum my name is Dawn Sabeeha and I am a doTERRA wellness advocate and consultant. My passion is helping women to improve their physical and emotional wellbeing, with simple but powerful natural solutions – helping you become a healer in your home.