After reading Cara’s inspiring post about her Dailies, I am going to write a list of my own. These are my new updated dailies,
The 7 daily-must-get-dones:
- Make kids’ lunches
- Have some weetabix to turbo-charge my day
- Freshen up me: (If needed have a shower and then…) Get changed into day clothes (we can look fresh and presentable doing these things, cant we?)
- Freshen up baby: so daddy and the siblings can enjoy some sweet kisses before going off to work/school (and not stinky ones)
- Bring down the upstairs dirty-clothes’ bucket and sort clothes into main laundry baskets (we have 2 wicker baskets… one for darks and one for lights)
- Put a wash on
- Tidy up kitchen after breakfast
The 7 things to get done once-the-big-things-are-done:
- Have second-breakfast if and when needed
- (Take baby out if possible and…) Perform morning dhikr/remembrance
- Tidy up downstairs
- Make bed and clear room
- Empty nappy bin, bathroom and bedroom bin
- Fill-up bedroom kettle & jug
- Put washed load into the dryer, and set timer
And here’s the print out which I will put up on the fridge:
My Rules-to-live-by: (This is a work in progress… I will add it to my tips)
- Enjoy your babies – they will be teenagers before you know it.
- If baby goes to sleep and you are tired – drop everything and go to sleep (except the baby, or course!)
- If you are hungry, EAT.
- Take out an extra minute when preparing your lunch/dinner meal to make yourself a water-based drink to go with it. Once you sit down you will be glad you did!
- When you remember something for your shopping list, write it down STRAIGHT AWAY. i keep a pile of shopping lists strips in the bedroom, kitchen, and also have one on my Blackberry.
- If you’re feeling hungry, make an energy milkshake.
- Don’t let anyone take away your precious moments. If they have a problem, just think Fimdigad (pronounced: FIM – DI – GAD) (Frankly my dear, I don’t give a donkey)
- You can only get changed quickly in the morning if (1) your wardrobe has been purged and (2) you have a good collection of coordinated clothes to wear. I have purged and organised my wardrobe using Missus Smarty Pants’s method, and always ensure I have the right coloured clothes that fit.
- It’s okay to let things slide whilst you devise a new routine – in the long run, it will make you more productive.
- Whilst doing the morning routine, listen to some uplifting talks on your wireless headphones.
- “You are not behind! I don’t want you to try to catch up; I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.?”- FlyLady
- Put three things away in their correct place each time you go into a room. Try to take three things to put away each time you leave a room